Assistant Librarian - Smithton PLD
$9.50 / hr, 18-19 hours per week, mostly during the evening and on Saturday.
Expected Start Date: August, 2012
Monday - Wednesday, 5 - 8 pm
Thursday, 10-11 am
The Smithton Public Library District is located in Smithton, IL and serves a population of 4,870. We have one full time employee and a staff of seven part time employees. We are a forward-thinking organization and strive to offer our patrons the best library service possible, despite our small size. Visit us online at: www.smithtonpl.org
- Conduct story time for children ages birth through seven at the library and in classrooms
- Provide basic computer instruction (topics such as Facebook, Microsoft Office, and eReaders)
- Assist in library programming as assigned by the Library Director
- Perform collection management duties as assigned by the Library Director
- Perform reference and reader’s advisory services for library patrons
- Circulation duties
- Attend library system and LLSAP meetings as assigned by the Library Director
- Serve as evening and weekend supervisor in Library Director’s absence
Previous work experience in a library strongly preferred. Must be able to effectively operate a computer in the execution of daily tasks and learn new computer skills quickly with minimal instruction. Ability to stand or sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
Bachelor’s Degree, story telling experience, experience with eReaders, experience with WordPress. Experience with HTML, XML, CSS, or MySQL a plus.
Email cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Library Director Brock Peoples by June 30, 2012.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered as they are received.