Circulation Clerk - Argenta-Oreana Public Library
Title: Circulation clerk
Location: Argenta-Oreana Public Library District
- High school diploma or GED
- Good computer skills (basic operations, Internet usage, and Microsoft Office suite) and a willingness to learn new software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to practice good customer service
Approximately 8-12 hours per week. Hours will be Monday late afternoons-evenings and Tuesday afternoons, but you may be required to work other days, evenings, or weekends as a substitute. Work will be primarily at the Oreana Library, but you may be asked to substitute at the Argenta Library.
- Perform circulation functions (checking items in and out, placing holds, renewing materials, etc.)
- Shelve materials
- Troubleshoot minor public computer problems
- Assist patrons with minor computer questions
- Other duties as assigned
Starting Salary: $8.25/hour
To apply: Application forms at available at the Argenta Branch (100 E. Water St., Argenta, IL) or the Oreana Branch (100 S. Rt. 48, Oreana, IL) or on the library district’s website at www.aopld.lib.il.us. Apply by September 15.