eRead Illinois Newsletter
March 13, 2014
Now that the weather is finally cooperating, why not check out an e-book and read on the patio at your favorite coffee shop? Circulation continues to go up for both the 3M Cloud Library and Axis 360 shared collections!
It’s Not Too Late:
SHARE members that would like to start participation in the 3M Cloud Library shared collection on April 1, 2014 should email Lesley at: email@example.com by Friday, March 21. You’ll pay a prorated member fee when you start in April, and Lesley will be happy to send you a member fee quote if you are unsure what the cost will be for your library.
Non-SHARE libraries are welcome to sign-up to participate in the Baker & Taylor Axis 360 shared collection at any time. Simply fill out the request for membership participation fee form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit the RAILS eRead Illinois page.
The list of training opportunities for SHARE and non-SHARE members continues to grow. Register for any of the sessions listed below in L2. (Note: You will need to be logged into L2 to view each listing.)
For SHARE members:
- 3M Shopping Cart Training: Thursday, March 13 @ 10:00 am via Adobe Connect
- IHLS Technology Petting Zoo: Friday, March 14 @ 11:00 am at the Valmeyer Community School District building
- 3M Shopping Cart Training: Monday, March 17 @ 1:00 pm via Adobe Connect
- IHLS Technology Petting Zoo: Tuesday, March 18 @ 1:00 pm at the Carlinville Public Library.
- Basic 3M Cloud Library Demo: Wednesday, March 19 @ 2:00 pm via Adobe Connect
- 3M Shopping Cart Training: Wednesday, March 26 @ 11:00 am via Adobe Connect
- IHLS Technology Petting Zoo: Thursday, March 27 @ 1:00 pm at the C.E. Brehm Memorial Public Library District
For non-SHARE members:
A series of live training sessions and online webinars on the eRead Illinois Axis 360 platform are being held throughout March and April. Live sessions are scheduled at different locations and are only available to staff from libraries participating in eRead Illinois (registration is required). Recordings of the Shared Collection Training and the Administrative Site webinars will be available at a later date and posted on the eRead Illinois website. For a complete list of upcoming training opportunities, visit the RAILS eRead Illinois Webinars and Presentations page.If you have any questions, please contact Natalie DeJonghe, E-book Trainer/Coordinator, at: email@example.com.
3M Shopping Cart News:
Due to the IHLS Technology Petting Zoo being held this Friday, March 14, 3M Purchase Day will be postponed until Monday morning, March 17. This will give you an extra afternoon to finalize items within your 3M Shopping Cart before we press the purchase button. We’ll resume our regular “Friday Purchase Day” schedule on Friday, March 21.
Some Other Big News from 3M:
We already knew it was coming sometime this year, but 3M officially announced at PLA this week that eAudiobooks are being added to the 3M Cloud Library collection. As soon as we have more details about purchasing, you can be sure that we’ll be adding eAudiobooks to the IHLS shared collection. In the meantime, you can read the official press release, here.
Did you know that you can view the current collection lists for both 3M and Axis 360? We’ve also added information regarding the collection development process for each platform. You can view these items by visiting the links below:
- 3M Cloud Library: Visit the IHLS eRead Illinois page and look under the heading “Important Information”
- Axis 360: Visit the eRead Illinois Axis 360 Collection page
Want to learn more about e-books and e-readers in general? Check out these resources to stay up to date on all things related to e-reading.
- American Libraries Live presents: The Present and Future of E-Books, Thursday March 13, 2014 @ 1:00 pm CST
We love hearing from you! Feel free to contact members of the project team with questions and suggestions:
Veronda Pitchford, eRead Illinois Project Director (RAILS): firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-734-5119.
Natalie DeJonghe, eRead Illinois E-book Trainer/Coordinator (RAILS): email@example.com or 630-734-5121.
Lesley Zavediuk, eRead Illinois E-book Trainer/Coordinator (IHLS): firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-656-3216, ext. 424
eRead Illinois is supported by the Illinois Secretary of State through the Illinois State Library.