eRead Illinois Newsletter: November 6, 2013
eRead Illinois Newsletter
November 5, 2013
The countdown has begun! Did you know that we’re only 11 days away from the official launch date of the 3M Cloud Library shared collection (for SHARE member libraries)? And only 26 days away from the official launch date of the Baker & Taylor Axis 360 shared collection (for RAILS and non-SHARE members)? In this newsletter, you’ll find that we’ve added even more training events (including one in the southern half of the state) and some more resources to help you get ready!
All libraries interested in the eRead Illinois project still have time to sign up. The initial application period for libraries (RAILS & non-SHARE) participating in the Axis 360 shared collection ended on November 1; libraries may still request fee quotes, but will not receive a response until mid-December. Sign-up to participate in the 3M Cloud Library shared collection will begin on November 18 and run through December. Plus we’ll be allowing libraries to sign-up during the beginning of each month in the first year of the grant period at a prorated rate. Don’t forget to request a fee quote, no matter which platform you’ll be participating in. You’ll find all the forms you need under the “Important Information” tab on the IHLS eReads Illinois page.
The Baker & Taylor Axis 360 shared collection (available to RAILS and non-SHARE IHLS members) has begun the implementation process. To stay up to date on everything that’s going on, be sure to visit the eRead Illinois tab on the RAILS website. More Axis 360 trainings will be provided in the New Year. Questions or comments? Email: email@example.com.
We’re offering as many training sessions for the 3M Cloud Library shared collection as we can in the month of November. We’ve added even more dates since last week’s newsletter, so be sure to choose a session that works for you.
- November 7, 2013: Repeating 3M Cloud Library Demos at Fairview Heights Public Library. Sign up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
- November 12, 2013: Repeating 3M Cloud Library Demos at Flora Public Library. Sign up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
- November 14, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo at Forsyth Public Library. Sign up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
- (New!) November 18, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo via Adobe Connect, 11:00am – 12:00pm.
- November 21, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo at Sparta Public Library, 1:00 – 2:00pm
- (New!) November 22, 2013: Repeating 3M Cloud Library Demos at Marion Carnegie Library. Sign-up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
Did you miss our virtual 3M Cloud Demo on November 4, 2013? You can now view the archived recording. A great big THANK YOU to all of the libraries allowing us to host training sessions in their fabulous spaces!
Questions & Feedback:
The eRead Illinois Project team is thrilled with the response we’ve received from all of YOU! We love all of the questions you’ve been asking, so please keep them coming. In fact, we’ve gotten so many great questions about the 3M Cloud Library that we’ve started creating a FAQ for SHARE members. We’ll keep updating it each week, so check back for the answers you’re looking for! Rails and non-SHARE IHLS members should check the eRead Illinois tab on the RAILS website. And as always, feel free to contact the eRead Illinois Project team:
- Veronda Pitchford, eRead Illinois Project Director (RAILS): firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-734-5119.
- Lesley Zavediuk, eRead Illinois E-book Trainer/Coordinator (IHLS): email@example.com or 618-656-3216, ext. 424
Hoping to become an expert before we launch? The following websites, handouts, and videos are great resources. We’ll be adding even more in the coming weeks, including customizable flyers to promote this new service to your patrons.
- Baker & Taylor Access 360 website
- Baker & Taylor/eRead Illinois press release
- 3M Cloud Library on YouTube
- Archived 3M Cloud Demo from November 5, 2013 (new!)
- 3M Cloud Library Checkout Procedure Handout (updated!)
- 3M Cloud Library Compatible Device Cheat Sheet
- 3M Cloud Library Presentation from the ILA Conference (new!)
- 3M Cloud Library FAQ (new!)
- 3M Patron Support Website
- State Library of Kansas 3M FAQ (new!)
Your patrons are going to love all the access to e-books the eRead Illinois project will provide! Thanks to the Illinois State Library for funding such a great project!