eRead Illinois Newsletter: October 29, 2013
eRead Illinois Newsletter
October 29, 2013
Exciting! Awesome! Great! These are just a few of the exclamations we’ve heard from IHLS and RAILS members this past week about the eRead Illinois project. Two of the main goals of the eRead Illinois project are:
- To expand access to e-books to all Illinois residents, and
- To provide e-book training to library staff throughout the state
The eRead Illinois Project Team has just started working to achieve those goals and we appreciate all of the feedback you’ve sent us, so keep it coming! In this week’s newsletter, you’ll find that we’ve added even more training events as we near the Baker & Taylor Axis 360 and 3M Cloud Library launch dates.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to answer them and we love hearing from you! Project team contact info, provided below:
- Veronda Pitchford, eRead Illinois Project Director (RAILS): firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-734-5119.
- Lesley Zavediuk, eRead Illinois E-book Trainer/Coordinator (IHLS): email@example.com or 618-656-3216, ext. 424
Tons of Information:
Want to know everything you can about the eRead Illinois grant? Both RAILS and IHLS have added an eRead Illinois tab to their websites. Each page is chock full of information, check them out today!
eRead Illinois will have a permanent home on the web in the new year at: ereadillinois.com. Stay tuned, and we’ll let you know when the new website is available.
The initial sign-up period for libraries participating in the Baker & Taylor Axis 360 shared collection (RAILS & non-SHARE members) ends on November 1st. Visit the RAILS website for more information. Libraries participating in the 3M Cloud Library (SHARE members) will be able to sign up during the “try before you buy” free trial period starting November 18th and running through December.
Wondering how much participating in the eRead Illinois project will cost your library? Don’t forget that you can request a membership fee quote for each platform. You’ll find all the forms you need under the “Important Information” heading on the IHLS eReads Illinois page.
More training events and demonstrations are being added every day. Each week we’ll update this section with the latest information.
Libraries participating in the Baker & Taylor Axis 360 Shared Collection (RAILS & non-SHARE members) are invited to attend an informational session and a live demo of Axis 360 on October 30, 2013, from 2 – 4 pm at the Lincoln library in Springfield Illinois. Register in L2 today!
Libraries participating in the 3M Cloud Library Shared Collection (SHARE members) are invited to attend several training sessions in the month of November. Click on the links below to register for a session that works best for you.
- November 5, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo via Adobe Connect, 11:00am – 12:00pm
- November 7, 2013: Repeating 3M Cloud Library Demos at Fairview Heights Public Library. Sign up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
- November 12, 2013: Repeating 3M Cloud Library Demos at Flora Public Library. Sign up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
- November 14, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo at Forsyth Public Library. Sign up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
- November 21, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo at Sparta Public Library, 1:00 – 2:00pm
Many THANKS to each library that volunteered to host our demos in their wonderful libraries!
Hoping to become an expert before we launch? The following websites, handouts, and videos are great resources. We’ll be adding even more in the coming weeks, including customizable flyers to promote this new service to your patrons.
- Baker & Taylor Access 360 website
- Baker & Taylor/eRead Illinois press release
- 3M Cloud Library on YouTube
- 3M Cloud Library Checkout Procedure Handout (updated!)
- 3M Cloud Library Compatible Devices Cheat Sheet (new!)
- 3M Patron Support Website
As always we want to send a great big THANK YOU to the Illinois State Library for providing the grant funds to offer these awesome e-resources to our patrons. And of course, we can’t forget a big THANK YOU to all of YOU for supporting eRead Illinois and providing us with marvelous feedback every step of the way!