Attention IHLS libraries:
The Illinois Heartland Library System Board of Directors Nominating Committee is preparing for the 2017 election cycle and has opened the nomination process. The following positions on the board are up for election this year:
- 1 Academic Library Representative (3-year term)
- 1 Special Library Representative (3-year term)
- 1 School Library Representative (3-year term)
- 2 Public Library Trustee Representatives (3-year term each)
Elected candidates will begin their 3-year term July 1. The IHLS Board meets the fourth Tuesday of the month (except December) at the IHLS office in Edwardsville at 5:00 pm.
Only people interested in appearing on the election ballot should complete the survey by Wednesday, February 15 at midnight. Please forward the email with the survey link to board members, colleagues and others who may be interested in appearing on the ballot, and to anyone you feel would make a great candidate.
The Nominating Committee will consider all completed survey responses and will select candidates to appear on the ballot in accordance with the IHLS bylaws. Please understand that due to the geographic balance requirement and limit of four candidates per seat, it is possible that not all interested candidates will appear on the ballot.
The official ballot will be available and distributed for voting on Friday, March 15.
If you have questions or comments for the Nominating Committee, please feel free to contact us:
- Susan Tulis: Morris Library, Southern IL University Carbondale (firstname.lastname@example.org) (618-453-2522), Chairperson
- Monic Cameron: Shelbyville Library (email@example.com) (217-774-4432)
- Scott Drone-Silvers: Lake Land College (firstname.lastname@example.org) (217-234-5338)
- Betsy Mahoney: Six Mile Regional Library District (email@example.com) (618-452-6244)
- Lacey Wright: Barclay Public Library District (firstname.lastname@example.org) (217-672-3621)
Thank you for your consideration.