Position Title: (IMSA) Patron Service Coordinator (Talking Books Program)
|FLSA: Non-exempt||Location: Du Quoin|
|Employee Type: Full-time||Pay Type: Salaried|
|Fiscal Classification: Support Staff||Salary Grade: 5|
The Patron Service Coordinator fills daily orders for machines and assists patrons with Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD) downloads and related BARD issues for the entire state of Illinois. Promotes Illinois State Library Talking Books and Braille Service (ISLTBBS) through networking and outreach efforts. Participates in the National Library Service and KLAS data-management conferences. This a grant funded position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about the Talking Books program, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of questions or concerns.
- Fill daily orders for machines and equipment.
- Provide specialized technical support for all patrons of Illinois with physical, visual, and/or learning disabilities who are having problems using BARD with their personal computer, Mac, iOS devices, Android devices, third-party players, and/or the NLS provided Digital Talking Book Machine. Patrons may be using assistive technology (magnifiers, text-to-speech programs, refreshable brailers, etc.) that will require specialized technical assistance.
- Act as Administrator of the BARD website. Provide specialized technical assistance to Illinois Talking Books and Braille Service staff and patrons navigating their way through the application process, the approval process, changing passwords, adding a third party player, etc. Stay up to date on BARD updates and changes to the website, BARD policy, and iOS/Android applications provided by the National Library Service. Establish and maintain effective communication with NLS staff regarding BARD and Talking Books Machines.
- Assist patrons with BARD downloads and related BARD issues.
- Promote the Talking Book Service at outreach events.
- Provide technical support for patrons experiencing problems with BARD on their computers and while using the application for ios and Android devices.
- Provide monthly BARD statistics to IMSA Manager for reporting to ISL.
- Cross train and act as a back-up for other IMSA positions.
- Remain updated on KLAS procedures.
- Other duties as necessary.
Supervised by: Illinois Machine Sub Lending Agency Manager
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience (four years)
- 2 years customer service experience, preferably with various ages and abilities
- 1 year technical/trouble shooting support
- Experienced public speaker
Licenses or Certifications Required:
- Valid driver’s license or other certification to travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to make presentations to individuals and groups.
- Ability to use computer in a Windows environment including sending e-mails.
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel. Internet proficiency using any browser.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to provide timely response to request.
- Ability to be flexible, to use time wisely and to perform duties in a professional manner.
- Willingness to help others accomplish their objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards co-workers, the general public, and job duties.
- Ability to work in an organization that embraces customer service.
- Ability to travel as required.
Work is usually performed in an office environment.
This position allows for occasional telecommuting.
- Primarily sedentary work, but also requires standing, walking, stooping or crouching, kneeling, crawling, reaching, pushing, grasping, lifting, feeling, hearing and talking.
- Requires the ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to adjust the eye to bring objects into sharp focus, clarity of vision at 20 or more feet, and the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to concentrate on detailed information over an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively use a computer.
This job description is not intended to imply that the duties identified above are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees may be required to perform other job duties as requested, subject to applicable state and federal laws. This job description or certain job functions described herein may be subject to modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org