Position Title: IT Specialist
|FLSA: Exempt||Location: Edwardsville/Champaign|
|Employee Type: Full-time||Pay Type: Salaried|
|Fiscal Classification: Other Professional||Salary Classification: 5|
The IT Specialist supports staff hardware and software. This position works with the IT Director to implement and monitor the functions of the network and computer systems, as well as software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the IT Director in support of the network.
- Provide services when the IT Director is absent from building.
- Provide answers to inquiries from staff regarding computer software or hardware operation and helps to resolve problems.
- Maintain internal databases.
- Coordinate communication using technology including but not limited to video conferencing sessions, telephone services, listservs, instant messaging, emails, etc.
- Develop training material and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware and/or software.
Supervised by: IT Director
Minimum Education and Experience:
Associates degree in a related field with two to three years equivalent experience is preferred but will consider equivalent work experience 2:1.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
Valid driver’s license or other accommodations for travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Extensive knowledge of software; and specialized knowledge in the area of personal computers.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnoses, and repair personal computers; organize and teach computer applications; troubleshoot network problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, department heads, public officials, and the general public.
- Timeliness in responding to requests.
- Ability to be flexible, to use time wisely and to perform duties in a professional manner.
- Willingness to help others accomplish their objectives.
- Ability to work in an organization that embraces customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards co-workers, member libraries and job duties.
- Ability to travel as required.
Work is usually performed in an office environment. Some evening and weekend work will be required, with occasional overnight travel.
This position allows for occasional telecommuting.
- Primarily sedentary work, but also requires standing, walking, stooping or crouching, kneeling, crawling, reaching, pushing, grasping, lifting, feeling, hearing and talking.
- Requires the ability to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to adjust the eye to bring objects into sharp focus, clarity of vision at 20 or more feet and the ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to concentrate on detailed information over an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively use a computer.
This job description is not intended to imply that the duties identified above are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees may be required to perform other job duties as requested, subject to applicable state and federal laws. This job description or certain job functions described herein may be subject to modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com