The Prairie Research Institute Library is seeking part-time help to assist with activities related to the merger of 4 library collections into one unit.
- Process materials from merging libraries, including updating catalog records, barcoding and labeling pieces.
- Assist with shelving and shifting library materials.
- Assist with day-to-day library operations including serial check-in and binding.
- Assist patrons at combined circulation/reference desk.
- Assist with training and supervision of student assistants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work at least 10 regularly scheduled hours each week between 8:30am and 5pm M-F at the Prairie Research Institute Library.
- Ability to work at least 12 hours per week strongly preferred; ability to work Wednesday and Friday afternoons strongly preferred.
- Must be prompt, reliable, and have a friendly demeanor.
- Must pay close attention to detail and do accurate work.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must have experience with basic computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Library experience and familiarity with basic library operations strongly preferred.
- Experience with Voyager circulation and cataloging staff clients strongly preferred.
- Experience with OCLC Connexion strongly preferred
Start date: ASAP
End date: June 30, 2014
Wage: commensurate with qualifications/experience
To Apply: please send a statement of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of 2 references to Prairie Research Institute Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty, and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. Visit www.inclusiveillinois.