The Board of Trustees of the Woodstock Public Library seeks a passionate and visionary leader to serve as Library Director. This municipal library serves residents who live within the boundaries of Woodstock (IL) Community Unit School District #200. Located about 55 miles northwest of Chicago, the City of Woodstock is home to approximately 24,800 people. Another 12,600 people live within the boundaries of School District #200 and are able to use the library through a unique contractual arrangement with the Rural Woodstock Public Library District.
The Library Director will be expected to:
• Provide superior leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
• Manage the staff and the library in a highly professional manner
• Enthusiastically participate in local community events; act as an ambassador on behalf of the library
This opportunity requires an individual with:
• Demonstrated passion for public library service
• Excellent communication, fiscal, planning, and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with other municipal bodies and community groups
• Willingness to advocate for the library and flexibility to adapt to change
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must have a Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
• High-level managerial experience with financial (budget) responsibilities
• Familiarity with Illinois Library Statutes
• Understanding of current and emerging library technology and trends
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits. Library district residency is not required.
Please apply at http://www.johnkeister.com/library/woodstock.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.