Technical Services Manager - Bloomington Public Library
|Title:||Technical Services Manager|
|Application Deadline:||October 14, 2012|
|Pay Range:||$56,500+, depending on qualifications|
Hours: Full time (38 hours per week), to include mornings, afternoons, and occasional nights and weekends
Overview: This position serves on the Library’s management team to help establish goals, objectives, and strategies for improved library service. Position manages the Technical Services Department, planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring all aspects of Technical Services to meet the goals of the department and library and satisfy the needs of the community and library customers. Reports to the Director.
- Develop and implement departmental and library-wide goals
- Organize and administer the department utilizing and applying technical expertise and knowledge
- Responsible for day-to-day operation and management of all facets of Technical Services department, including overseeing acquisitions, processing, cataloging, and bibliographic maintenance of all formats
- Knowledge of techniques necessary to plan, develop, implement and evaluate effective cataloging processes
- Interview, hire, train, schedule, supervise, discipline, and evaluate staff
- Evaluate workflow, procedures, and policies
- Create original and update existing bibliographic records for the online catalog
- Share duties of the SIRSI System Administrator
- Prepare and/or assist in the creation of reports and analyses
- Attend relevant conferences, workshops and programs as part of on-going professional development
- Maintain current knowledge of RDA cataloging rules
- Prepare documentation and training tools
- Administer departmental budget
- Demonstrate a commitment to public service
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Serve on committees as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Required Qualifications: ALA-accredited MLS degree and two years of progressively responsible training, experience, or study. One year of library supervisory experience preferred.
Submit resume, application (available at http://turing.bloomingtonlibrary.org/files/application_for_employment.pdf ), and three professional references by October 14, 2012 to:
Bloomington Public Library
Attn: Human Resources
205 E. Olive St.
P.O. Box 3308
Bloomington, IL 61702-3308
Bloomington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.