Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences Librarian
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Library Administration
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
Responsibilities: The Veterinary Medicine Librarian manages all aspects of the Veterinary Medicine Library in support of the teaching, research, and public service activities of the faculty, staff, and students of the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) and related units in the College of ACES, across campus and throughout the state of Illinois. Duties include:
· Manage the unit budget, staff and operations.
· Provide reference and instructional services, collection development and management, and develop and deliver new services.
· Contribute to Library-wide information, instruction, collection development, and research support services, including services related to data stewardship and access.
· Serve as liaison between the University Libraries and the CVM and related departments, institutes, centers, and programs on campus.
· Actively participate in CVM activities, such as new student orientation, grand rounds, and committee assignments.
· Serve as liaison with collection development responsibilities in related areas of the College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES), including, but not limited to, regular reference hours and participation in Funk Library service activities.
· Actively participate in relevant professional organizations.