Business Administrative Associate – Governors State University
Position Summary: The Business/Administrative Associate is responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions related to the library (personnel, budget, procurement and public relations), for the functions which support the library program (student hiring program, meeting arrangements, minutes, newsletters, the official record of procedures and policies), and for all contact with other university administrative units and with library vendors (except material vendors). In the absence of the Dean, the Business/Administrative Associate becomes the Dean’s representative and is authorized to make decisions for the library.
1. Bachelor’s degree in any field
2. Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level
3. Additional education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position that is required:
a) Work experience in a library environment
b) Work experience in a Higher Education environment
c) Work experience providing office support
d) Work experience providing customer service
e) Work experience managing budgets and supervising employees
f) Good oral and written communication, grammar and spelling skills
g) Ability to pay close attention to details and to multi-task
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a business-related field
2. Work experience in an academic library environment
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30 minute (unpaid) lunch.
Closing Date: Friday, March 3, 2017