The Illinois Heartland Library System Board of Directors Nominating Committee is preparing for the 2015 election cycle and has opened the nomination process. The following positions on the board are up for election this year:
- 1 Public Library Representative
- 2 School Library Representatives
- 2 Public Library Trustee Representatives
Individuals interested in running for one of the open seats should click this link to complete the nomination survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W7C59X5
Only people interested in appearing on the election ballot should complete the survey. The Nominating Committee will consider all completed survey responses and will select candidates to appear on the ballot. The committee has several factors to consider in creating a balanced ballot in accordance with the IHLS bylaws. Completing the survey does not guarantee one’s appearance on the ballot.
We had a bit of a late start this year and have modified our schedule to ensure sufficient time to seek out and vet candidates for these important roles in IHLS. If you are interested in appearing on the election ballot please complete the survey by Friday, March 13 at midnight. The official ballot will be available and distributed on Friday, March 20.
If you have questions or comments for the Nominating Committee, please feel free to contact us:
- Amanda McKay: Helen Matthes Public Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) 217-342-2464, Chairperson
- Jeanne Hamilton: Charleston Carnegie Public Library (email@example.com) 217-345-4913
- Betsy Mahoney: Madison County Law Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) 618-296-5921
- Debra Sherrick: Casey-Westfield CUSD (Debra.Sherrick@caseywestfield.org) 217-932-2175
- Elaine Steingrubey: Morrison-Talbott Library (email@example.com) 618-939-6232 ext. 205
Thank you for your consideration.